Saturday, May 19, 2007

Running

Today was the first step towards getting used to Zurich and doing non-touristy things. I was running. For the first time in three weeks. So I kept it low and ran few kilometers only along the Sihl river. Amazingly, after 10 minutes from my place I was already outside the city in nature. Not spectacular but still decent: A couple of smaller lakes, some creeks, lots of places where you can have barbecue or picknick. And many people did. If I had walked 10 minutes in the other direction I would have stood in the center of the banking quarter. Such are the advantages of a small city.

On the way back I took a rest in a small park a minute from my apartment. During the night it is a meeting point for flaming homosexuals (citing Eric Cartman). Even though I was there around 2pm with some families around barbecuing there was an old guy in Birkenstock who kept staring at me for a while. I put on my most heterosexual face and he returned to his book.

No comments: